Y20 India Talks on "Youth and Democracy" organised at Lotus Valley International School, Gurugram
Sudhanshu Trivedi, Shehzad Poonawalla, Gaurav Bidhuri attend Y20 India Talks in Lotus Valley School Gurugram, Ministers Hardeep Puri and V Murleedharan send special message.
Lotus Valley International School, Gurugram organised Lotus Korero, a contextual conversation to engage youth in democracy and governance through the platform of G20 India in collaboration with Y20 India Talk Series. In the Inaugural Session, Director-Principal Mrs Anita Malhotra presented the welcome address followed by Inaugural address by Special Guest, Mr Sudhanshu Trivedi, Member of Rajya Sabha, a special message by Mr Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs was also given, keynote address by Guest of Honour, Mr Shehzad Poonawala, National Spokesperson of BJP and address by Special Guest, Ms Velentina Brahma, Y20 India Secretariat member. Minister Hardeep Puri spoke about the significance of India hosting the G20 Presidency and Sudhanshu Trivedi, spoke in detail about how India was poised to lead the global order under the leadership of PM Modi. BJP National Spokesperson Shehzad Poonawalla explained how after 2014 the participation of youth in politics has increased and how young people from non-dynastic backgrounds could now draw inspiration from PM Modi and enter the public space. The address by Velentina Brahma, Y20 Secretary, Media highlighted the events taken up by Y20 India and importance of participation of youth in it.
A graceful Cultural program was put together by the students of the school and Young Diwakar Sharma, the Runner up of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Lil Champs was the show stopper of the cultural program.
A panel discussion on "Polymath Approach to Indian Education, A Pre-requisite for Good Governance" was organised which was participated by 18 students from various schools.
In the Valedictory Ceremony, Mr V Muraleedharan, Minister of State for External Affairs gave a special message to all who were present and emphasised about how youth could play a greater role in public affairs and democracy. He appreciated the initiative of Y20 India Talks and encouraged further events in the series. Senior Journalist and Anchor Mr Anand Narsimhan and Mr Gaurav Bidhuri, International Boxer also graced the event and made energy interventions. The prizes to the winner of Panel discussion were distributed in the presence of august guests.
AWARD CATEGORIES & WINNERS:
- Display of Professional Decorum- Mannan Rana, Lotus Valley International School, Gurugram
- Projection of Leadership Skills- Nikita, Lotus Valley International School, Gurugram
- The Most Persuasive Eloquence- Arnav Singh, Lotus Valley International School, Gurugram
- Demonstrating Analytical and Effective Decision-Making Skills- Prithvi Jangid, Lotus Valley International School, Gurugram
- Display of Effective Listening and Constructive Thoughts- Nia Ranjan, Lotus Valley International School, Gurugram
- Best Countering and Refuting Arguments- Rasna Ram Prasad, GD Goenka, Sector-48, Gurugram
- Display of Logical and Lucid Reasoning- Kabir Singh Suryawanshi, Ridge Valley, Gurugram
- The Most Impressive Speech- Abhie Gupta, Lotus Valley International School, Gurugram
- The Jury’s High Commendation- Chirag Bhandari, GD Goenka, Sector-48, Gurugram